Do you do sports as a profession? Is a quick recovery important to you?
A 30-second to 4-minute long ice bath optimizes recovery after sports performance in the following ways, among others:
- accelerates and comprehensively enhances physical and psychological recovery
- reduces muscle damage, swelling, inflammation and muscle soreness (DOMS)
- reduce the risk of injury
- has a positive effect on pain receptors and the nervous system
- reduces swelling and inflammation
- activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for body and mind recovery
- reduces stress, thanks to which psychological recovery is enhanced and accelerated
Top athletes who want to invest in recovery by focusing their eyes on the next training session and its intensity benefit from ice baths. Extreme sports involve continuous and high-impact physical exertion, which enables progressive development in the sport. Top sports and medicine swear by cold treatment, and it doesn't work. It is one of the most effective ways to recover after sports performance! An ice bath restores the body and mind naturally, quickly, efficiently and widely. It also affects psychological recovery, to which elite sports have begun to pay more and more attention in recent years.
Everyday exercisers and exercisers can use the same principles for recovery as elite athletes. In lower level fitness, it is important to optimize recovery and take care of body and mind. An ice bath is a quick and easy way to restore the whole body after sports performance.
Ready. set. ICE!
(Hayashi et al., 1997)
(Kinoshita et al., 2006)
(Peiffer et al., 2009)
(Sramek et al., 2000)
(Banfi et al., 2010)
(Vaile et al., 2010)
(Rowsell et al., 2011)
(Pournot et al., 2011)
(Brophy-Williams et al., 2011)
(Bastos et al., 2012)
(Bleakley et al., 2012)
(Bieuzen et al., 2013)
(De Oliveira Ottone et al., 2014)
(Ziemann et al., 2014)
(Jungmann et al., 2018)
(Tindle & Tadi, 2020)
(Śliwicka et al., 2020)
(L'Hermette et al., 2020)
(César et al., 2021)
(Gu et al., 2021)